Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Gopher On My Patio

I woke up the other morning and went downstairs to get a glass of water. Just as I went to go back upstairs, I saw something out of my peripheral vision that sparked my curios. I went to the back door to get a better view and there was a legit gopher chilling on my patio. I knew there was at least one that lived in my yard, which is three acres so there's a lot of room for them to hide I suppose. I do know where one gopher hole is but they don't bother anyone and I kind of like the wildlife. I thought about letting my dog out to chase the gopher off but decided not to for whatever reason. My dog (yorkie/terrier mix) chases full grown dear out of our yard, its hilarious. I'm very glad to be living in the suburbs when I think about it. I couldn't live in a rural or urban environment. Suburbia is a good mix of the two in my opinion. Here are a couple picture that I managed to snap before the gopher ran off. The quality isn't too good but you should be able to see it somewhat.


29 comments:

  1. Nice... I always lived in cities, apartments...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never seen a gopher before! Neato!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You patio is pretty! I love the rock ground, it's nice

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH SHI$#%$##@# I didn't even SEE IT! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a nice-looking patio! That thing looks like a giant squirrel without the tail! Suburban, or urban... both have pros and cons, I don't know which one I like better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like he was just getting some sun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha thats cute hes just sunbathing

    ReplyDelete
  8. I live in the suburbs too and it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So great you got this pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. He's just chillin' there not botherin nobody. So cool. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like he found himself a nice place in the sun. Ah, sunbathing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All I could think of when you mentioned gopher was caddyshack haha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to chill in your patio instead of working !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, why don't we have cool animals like that here? We have bobcats and they never go close to anyone larger than a rabbit...

    ReplyDelete
  15. That gopher is looking pretty relaxed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. my only experience with gophers is in the movie Caddyshack. Doesn't it destroy your beautiful lawn?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome patio. I love when creatures come to visit. nice pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's one lazy looking gopher, and a nice looking patio.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just chilling like a boss!

    ReplyDelete